Blog of life...our life, with a little bit of this and a little bit of that!

Blog of life...our life, with a little bit of this and a little bit of that!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wrapping and sweets, YUM YUM


Patch Daddy's birthday came and went and I think it was a great one for him.  One of his favorite desserts is a caramel apple pie from the Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen.  I came across this recipe for a Tempting Caramel Apple Pudding with Gingersnap Crust in a recent issue of Taste of Home.  It was a HIT! The recipe makes a large amount (13x9) and would be a scrumptious addition to the dessert table at an upcoming fall gathering.  I've included the recipe link below the photo.
Tempting Caramel Apple Pudding with Gingersnap Crust
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Tempting-Caramel-Apple-Pudding-with-Gingersnap-Crust
 We all know that wrapping paper/gift bags/cards can be so expensive.  Cards is something that I love buying but not the other two.  A gift wrap idea for you - buy a roll of solid wrapping paper (brown paper bag type was my choice) and let the kiddos decorate it.  I just unrolled the paper and gave Emery the crayons and she had a ball.  I ended up tracing her hand and writing "happy birthday" all over it, as well.  Cheap and special wrapping right there, guys!  Then, instead of ribbon or a bow, I used a necktie.  And what's inside the box!? Yep, a shirt...so, a new shirt and tie. 
Emery decorating the wrapping paper, under Avvy's supervision
The finished product
 
Full bellies and happy hearts for all...another year younger for Patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.