Blog of life...our life, with a little bit of this and a little bit of that!

Blog of life...our life, with a little bit of this and a little bit of that!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Gift this!

In continuation of birthday WEEK here at the Petry's, I thought I'd talk about gifts.  We all LOVE gifts, whether it be giving or receiving.  As for me, I LOVE GIVING!  Really and truly, I do.  Sure, I enjoy receiving as well but I just enjoy the thought process of gifts for anyone. 

Some people are so hard to buy for...the have EVERYTHING, need NOTHING people! We all know em.

It's 2012 and I bet someone in your life is snapping digital photos.  Why not put together a photo book!? I've done several of these over the years for birthdays, Christmas and anniversaries.  You can really get into these by changing up pages, fonts, colors, designs, etc.  Or, make it all about the photos and just go simple on all of the above...it's going to be special no matter what!

Here again, I found this on pinterest. Like I've told some of you - if I pin it, I really feel like I have to do it.  You're right, that may not be healthy but it's the truth.  So, if i'm going to take the time to "repin," then chances are, I'm going to take the time to "DO!"

The blogger found on pinterest introduced me to My Publisher (http://www.mypublisher.com/).  Go ahead, click on over and install the program on your computer.  It's fun and harmless.  Best part about my experience, besides receiving an epic book in the mail yesterday, was that my book was FREE.  Right before placing my order, I googled, "My Publisher coupon codes" and as luck had it, there was one for a FREE book.  I only had to pay shipping.  That's another tid bit of knowledge you might want to store in your got-so-much-going-on-can't-find-my-feet brain - ALWAYS GOOGLE COUPON CODES BEFORE PLACING AN ORDER ONLINE!! You are bound to find free shipping or a percentage off every time.  Try it!

Since the little ladies second birthday is in just a few weeks, I thought I would put together a book on the "ABC's of Emery." She loves looking at pictures of herself and the letters of the alphabet are something she will be learning very soon....right now, every letter is "E" though she can sing the ABC's (sometimes).

So, the book came yesterday and as stated above, it's EPIC.  It's a hard bound book, just her size...

This is a photo of the alphabet wall that I put together in her play area in the living room. Great cover photo for the book.

I went through all of her pictures from birth to now and found the ones that I thought were very special and would capture the love and fun in her life.  So, K is for kiss.  And who better to kiss than her 95 y/o Gigi.

Emery loves getting ahold of any pair of glasses, but especially her Nana's.  So, E is for eyeglasses

So, who could you do this book for?

Grandma & Grandpa for Christmas
Friends birthday using photos of her kiddos that you can get ahold of via FB
Your kids birthday using photos of the past year
A wedding memoir for a friend or family member (include engagement photos, showers, rehearsal and wedding)
A baby shower memoir (include showers, babies room in progress, ultrasounds and hospital pics)
Vacation memoir

You can never take too many pictures and a picture is worth a thousand words. 
SNAP AWAY daily!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.