Blog of life...our life, with a little bit of this and a little bit of that!

Blog of life...our life, with a little bit of this and a little bit of that!

Friday, September 14, 2012

One frame, abundance of uses!


Many have probably seen the subway art that is being sold in stores. My description of subway art is words/sayings/descriptives/names in different colors/fonts/sizes. You can do this for ANYTHING!! Click on this link - http://www.weeshare.net/2011/01/free-printable-subway-art.html and there is a bunch of FREE subway art that you can print off at home and do what you would like to with. Me, on the other hand, I had to make my own...PERSONALIZED of course. If it can't be embroidered, I look for another way to personalize it.

 First piece of "subway" art that I created was for Patch Daddy's 33rd birthday.  I just got into Microsoft Word and started adding text box after text box.  I changed up the fonts/sizes for each set of words. You can personalize for the year they are celebrating (33), what they like to eat (pie in this instance, NOT cake)...use colors to go with your theme.  We didn't have a theme for his birthday, so I just went manly/nautical.  I bought a large floating frame at Joann Fabric and then got two 8.5x11 pieces of red scrapbook paper.  I had to cut them down a bit, but they made a great backer. 



   Emery's birthday was rainbow themed.  So, use the same template that you have saved from the previous celebration and just change up the words/colors to go with the upcoming event.  Turning TWO...again, NOT cake but cupcakes. I even found a cute piece of rainbow clipart and added it to the top and bottom.  Also able to keep the same red paper as a backer. 

I could have continued on and made a personalized piece of Halloween subway art; however, Emery and I got her hands and feet dirty yesterday and made some spooky Halloween art.  Picked up sparkly purple scrapbook paper and then orange sparkly for the backer. We did spiders using her handprints (minus the thumb) and then ghost using her feet.  Again, at Joann Fabric, I picked up a pack of googly eyes, in fun colors none the less.  So, after giving all of our creepy critters eyes, I used a dab of hot glue on the back of each eye and outlined the frame.  After Halloween has come and gone, they will pop right off, go into a bag for next year and the frame will be used for the next celebration. So, one frame with endless opportunities. 

Are you inspired yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.