| Christmas morning! |
Here we are yet again…it’s CHRISTMAS 2010 and it’s the Petry’s dogder, Avvy, here to fill you in on quite a year in my house. Well, what used to be MY house! Back when it was still cold outside, I noticed that Mom was lying around a lot, coming home from work early and was neglecting to pour a glass of wine in the evening… and she was starting to get chubby. I mean, between us, she is still kinda chubby. Dad even started to gain a few pounds. And REALLY between you and me, cause I’m sure they didn’t even notice (the new story of my life, I feel…), poor me put on some extra “stuff” around the middle, as well! So the months went on and her belly got even bigger. So, she likes to eat…so do I!! BIG DEAL! I would hear Mom and Dad talk about an M-Ree often and I would tune in my doggy ears as fine as I could but never quite understood what they were saying….”when she gets here…,” “how will Avvy react?,” “what will she look like?” and I just sat and wondered. Well, one night in September…Thursday, the 9th around 1230 in the morning to be exact, Mom and Dad left the house. Hmmm, that was weird. Dad came home around 730 in the morning to give me breakfast and let me potty but where was my Mom? I didn’t see Mom for a few days and I even had to go stay the night at Grandma’s house with Janie Kay….that was OK by me, at least it wasn’t the doggy hotel again, if you remember my 2009 letter. Dad even brought me home a new blanket which had pink and blue stripes on it and put it in my cage…it had quite a nice aroma to it and boy was I thankful for a new blankie to be covered up with each night. Really, they would cover their ole dogder up every night and “tuck me in,” if you will. Those were the days!! On Saturday, the 11th of September, they came through the door with what looked like a basket in their hand. They put it down on the floor and I walked over to it and there was something wiggling in that basket…it was even making crazy grunting noises. Now, that’s weird! Was this a new toy for me? Well, as the days went on, I realized that this “thing” in the basket was here to stay and it wasn’t a “thing” at all or a new toy, it was their new daughter, my sister, Emery Elizabeth. Sure, she’s cute as a button, but YOOOOOO, Mom and Dad, do you remember me, Avvy, your first child? This small human cries, toots quite a bit, screams and gets held constantly. At night, she even gets to lie down in mom and dad’s bed and she gets on the couch with them. I had those privileges one day too, Emery…watch out, they could be taken away any day now. She wakes up several times each night causing me to miss out on quality sleep. So much so, I had a seizure and they had to put me on Prozac…not kidding folks! This small human has really changed my world as I knew it. Often times, I hear her toot (fine, I toot too) and then she is laying on top of her dresser and someone is taking something off of her and they throw it in the garbage…and I always like to sniff it…and I’m not kidding, it smells like…no better way to put this, but POOP! Really!? I have to go outside to do that and they haven’t once offered to put that contraption on me. And the camera flash…I see it at least ten times each day. Every so often (once every 150 flashes, maybe), it flashes in my eyes. I guess they start to feel sorry for me so they take my picture. Little Emery even gets to leave the house with them every time they go…so did I, used to! Like I said, she is CUTE and I can tell that mom and dad are so in love and quite smitten with Baby Emery!! I do think that’s pretty cool…I guess I am just jealous!! I used to get all the toys and attention and now I have to share. I really hope none of you other dogs out there are experiencing this…if so, maybe we can figure out a way to hook up and hang out…look me up and follow your snout, I’m still on Meadow Lane! My wish list for 2011 is peace and quiet around here...forget the toys and treats, really! Speaking of peace, PEACE BE TO YOU AND YOURS this Christmas season and MANY BLESSINGS for a happy, healthy and prosperous 2011. Come see me!! Yes, Emery Elizabeth too! Like I said, she is quite stinkin cute. And quite stinkin at times, as well…MERRY CHRISTMAS YA’LL! Lick your furry friends for me!!
Love & Licks
Avvy
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.