Like you hear everyone say, "TIME FLIES!" Saturday was Emery's one month birthday. Of course, I made her a shirt to commemorate the day. Better yet, she didn't poop her way out of it, like she does on many days. That could be her parents fault though for not tightening the diaper enough. We will go to the doc on Friday morning for her 1 month check-up and 2nd hepatitis shot. She was 7lbs 2oz at her last appt (which was back to birth weight), so I am going to take a guess and say she is going to be 9lbs, 2oz on Friday. I could be way off, but she is definitely filling out and yes, as cute as ever! She is definitely recognizing voices and following us with her little peepers. She will also stare at her mobile on her swing. Gaining strength in her neck is also apparent at the 1 month mark. She is still a bobble head but a stronger bobble head!!
Her Grandma Nancy babysat her on Friday evening so that Patrick and I could head down to Harvest Homecoming for some food and fun. When Grandma went to feed her, she didn't put a ring in the bottle....soooo, as she started to feed, she noticed that both she and Emery were getting soaked and that Emery was sucking down that bottle fast. This wasn't the case at all...bottle was
leaking so a lesson learned for Grandma. We all went out to visit Great Grandma Shirley on Friday afternoon for lunch. Grandma just LOVES having Emery out there and showing her off to all the staff at Providence. We take her out there at least once a week and are so thankful to be able to do so.
Emery is still in NB diapers and clothes. I had no idea it could last this long but I won't rush it! We have put her in some 0-3 months attire and it works, just a little big.
Will update after our appt on Friday morning!!
Love to ALL!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.