Blog of life...our life, with a little bit of this and a little bit of that!

Blog of life...our life, with a little bit of this and a little bit of that!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

2 months and growing

Fall has finally set in and the chill is in the air.  We are looking forward to our first holiday season with Emery Elizabeth, though she won't have a clue what is going on....those around her will sure enjoy it!! 

We had our 2month check-up and shots on 11/16.  Emery did great and was given the "BEAUTIFUL BABY" status from Dr. Nassim!  Well, she did great until the shots....and who enjoys shots?!  She had 2 in the right thigh and 1 in the left.  I just kept telling myself and Patrick, "she won't remember it!"  We had a fussy evening last night and even sent Dad out for infant tylenol, which apparently has been recalled!?  So, the pharmacist gave him something else.  Thank God for late hours at the ped office, because I was able to call and they said that we should NOT give her that.  She ended up calming down, without drugs and I didn't have the heart to put her down so she spent the night on her Mommy's chest!!  I know, I know....

At 2 months, she is smiling quite a bit.  She loves the word "poopy."  Everytime we say, "did you poopy in your britches?"  she just lights up.  Of course, we say it all the time!!  She is also able to lift her head up and look around when on her tummy and she turned from her back to her right side on Saturday, 11/13 (her Nana's birthday). 

We have decided that I will not be returning to WAVE and I will be a stay-at-home momma with Emery and also run Meadow Lane Stitches, my embroidery business.  I am so grateful for this opportunity and know that I won't regret this decision!! 

We hope your Thanksgiving is blessed and that you are able to spend quality time with all of those you love!

2 months and all SMILES (11/9/10)

Birth height - 19in
1month height - 21.5in
2month height - 24in

Birth weight - 7lbs, 2oz
1 month weight - 9lbs, 1.1oz
2 month weight - 11lbs, 6.5oz

Smiling at the nurse...I have no idea that there are 3 needles next to me, scheduled to meet my thighs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.